Well, where do I start? Benjamin has been on again off again with his recovery.....which is expected. I was really hoping he wouldn't be the typical patient and that he would beat all the odds and that he would recover in one day......... but......... he is normal and typical and that's not going to happen. For 4 days now he has been fine one minute and then crying terribly the next minute. He does have some in between moments too where he isn't happy, but isn't crying. I would call that just feeling blah. He has that alot. I think he will get well soon though. Today has been an improvement from the last 4 days. He only cried really bad when he first woke up, but after he got to eating and drinking a little bit, I think his throat loosened up and the pain subsided a bit. Bless his little heart. I hate it when my kids don't feel good. The tough thing with Benjamin is....he doesn't express himself very well verbally. He sure can pitch a big ole' fit to let me know how he is feeling though. LOL! I know this will all be over soon and he will be cured of his sleep apnea which is our goal here.
To update you on Jacob. I took him to the doctor yesterday because he has been running a fever for 3 days, coughing, sneezing, throat hurting and just feeling very rotten. The doctor said that he just has a cold and he should be feeling better in a couple of days. Jacob woke up this morning feeling terrible and running a 102.6 fever and his eyes are red and burning. I called the nurse at his pediatrician's office this morning and told them that his fever is higher and his eyes are red. She said that they have been seeing the high fever with the cold going around alot. She said they have even had reports from other parents of kids having a temperature as high as 104. She told me just to treat his symptoms and fever with Tylenol and Motrin. I was glad to know this because Jacob has never had a fever with a cold, so that's why I was so concerned. She said to watch his eyes for drainage though. If that happens, they want to see him to see if he has pink eye. I KNOW!!!! What else can we deal with???!!!??? This too shall pass.
As for Keith and I, we are taking all of this one day ...........I mean one minute at a time................ Keith has been a tremendous help to me. He seems to be able to comfort Benji better than I can. I think Benji senses tension and stress in me when he is upset and hurting. Keith has a calmness about him that Benji responds to very well. Thank God for Daddy!
Keep us in your prayers and I will update you later!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment