Friday, October 3, 2008

Veggie Tales Live!!!





Keith and I took Jacob and Benjamin to see Veggie Tales Live tonight at the Knoxville Christian Center on Cedar Bluff. It was awesome!! The boys had so much fun....and so did we! They loved every minute of it! Here are a few pics from tonight.






Oh yeah, I almost forgot.......they had a drawing to win two different prizes tonight at the show. One prize was 3 new Veggie Tales releases and the Grand Prize was a 24 DVD Library of Veggie Tales shows. When I first got there, I didn't realize that we were supposed to fill out that card we were given at the door for a chance to win one of these prizes (duh!), but when I found out from someone sitting beside me, I thought "I'm not gonna fill that out because I never win anything", and then I had a second thought "well you never know"............... and so I filled it out and turned it in. The announcer finally got around to drawing names at intermission and believe it or not..... I won the Grand Prize of the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that? Jacob said "Why didn't they say my name instead of yours?" I explained to him that by the announcer calling my name, that meant he was the winner. He was happy then.


Jacob said something so funny tonight: On one of the scenes, they were singing about a Cheeseburger, and there were two girls on stage singing back up. One was dressed like a bottle of ketchup and the other like a bottle of mustard. I said "look Jacob, they are dressed up like ketchup and mustard bottles!" He looked at the stage and then looked like he was in deep thought for a minute and then he looked back at me and asked "Mom, where is the hot sauce?" Is that hilarious or what???? Keep in mind that we like spicy foods here at our house and the hot sauce bottle makes it to our kitchen table for many meals. My kids never cease to amaze me.








1 comment:

Amanda said...

We went to the afternoon show! I'm so jealous that you won the prize. I had the same thought about "I never win anything" and then I thought, well I just won somehting the other day at MOPS so...