I am stealing this idea from a blogger friend of mine. She got the idea from another blogger as she tells in her "What's On My Tree Wednesday" blog from last week. Thanks for the idea Amanda! This will be a weekly post telling about some of our favorite Christmas tree ornaments.
I remember our Christmas tree when my sister and I were growing up. It was covered with ornaments that we had made in school. We always said it was tacky looking when we were kids because of all the handmade ornaments......... but our Mom said she didn't care what we thought of the tree because our handmade ornaments were special to her and she was not going to change it for anything in the world. Now that I am a Mommy, I know exactly what she was talking about. I have two precious boys who are in preschool and all of the ornaments that they have made are going on my tree and I don't care how tacky it makes it look! I will think it's beautiful no matter what. Thank you for not changing our tacky Christmas tree Mom!
The ornaments for this week are my boys "First Christmas" ornaments. Jacob's ornament is the teddy bear in the baby shoe and Benjamin's is the teddy bear sleeping on the moon. Jacob was 3 months old on his first Christmas and Benjamin was 8 months old on his first Christmas. Having kids has changed my whole outlook on Christmas. It is now more special because I can share the true meaning of Christmas with them.........the birth of Jesus. And of course, we do the fun Santa stuff too!....but we are really emphasizing the true meaning.
Hope you enjoy my weekly ornament posts. I am looking forward to sharing our ornaments with you all because they are so special to us. Until next time.........................










1 comment:
The 'tacky tree" is a tree of love and memories! Each year you can reflect back on what those little boys made each Christmas and their excitement putting them on the tree!
I am so thankful for those two little guys and am so glad that you are now experiencing the feelings associated with "the tacky tree".....thanks for sharing that.....
I love you! Mommy
Post a Comment