Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benjamin Is Having Surgery





Hello all! I just wanted to share with you what is going on with our little Benjamin right now. He has been having trouble sleeping for the longest time now. He snores deeply, gasps for air, and stops breathing for a few seconds all during the night. I know it sounds scary, but his pediatrician reassured me that it is not life threatning at this point. He referred Benjamin to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist last week. After the specialist examined him, he diagnosed him with a classic case of Sleep Apnea. He recommended getting his tonsils and adenoids removed. He said that it would clear the obstruction in his airway and greatly improve his quality of sleep. Keith and I have scheduled surgery for Benjamin on February 5 at Children's Hospital. He will be admitted and have to stay overnight for observation since he is 2 years old. Anyone under three is required to stay overnight. I think that is a good thing. I will feel better about it that way. Please pray for Benjamin that everything would go perfect with surgery and that his recovery would be a speedy one. Thank you all in advance for your prayers and support. We love you all!!

6 comments:

The Clifton Family said...

We will definitely keep you guys in our prayers! I am sure this will fix the problem, and by the way, they are great at Children's... been there a few nights ourselves!

Amanda said...

I'll keep little Benjamin in my prayers. I hope it is an easy surgery, hospital stay, and recovery!

Anonymous said...

I love you Benji... you are always in my prayers. You will be so happy with all the ice cream & popsicles you get to have!!

Love you bunches!

Justin, Buffy, Madelyn and Drew said...

Oh Benjamin, we hate to hear you have to have surgery. I am sure you will sleep much better after this is done. Good luck and we will be praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, I know any kind of surgery on your baby is nerve racking - but, hopefully, Benji will tolerate it well and sleep much better afterwards. I would be hyping up the popsicles and ice cream if I were you! I will definitely be thinking about you all and praying that all goes well on the 5th! Much Love, Jenny

AdidasOrange said...

Drop me an email, Cindy. Was it a success?