Well, the results from today's weigh in were not what I expected, but I did have a loss!! I lost .6 pounds. Not even a pound......but it's a loss. I have to look at it positively or I will get discouraged. I had a couple of minor set backs this week. I got sick to my stomach Wednesday night and couldn't finish my foods for the day and I ended up vomiting that night.......so.......I didn't feel like eating anything but starches the next day. The good thing about the starches is that I did eat starches according to my plan. The only thing that I ate that wasn't permitted was Chicken Noodle Soup and that isn't bad for me at all except the sodium content. The key to being successful on this plan is to eat the right foods at the right times. It's about a balanced diet. Certain foods counteract other foods which causes your metabolism to start burning fat. If you start eating too much of one type of food, then your body starts storing everything as fat instead of burning. So my weightloss counselor said that eating a bunch of starches could have thrown my body into "fat storing" mode that day.
Another obstacle that I encountered was that we ate at Keith's Mom's house for his birthday yesterday (Keith's Birthday is actually today). She cooked him a fabulous home cooked dinner which included, greens, pinto beans, candied yams, and barbeque riblets. I only ate a spoonful of each thing and only 1/2 of a riblet. I know I said I was not going to eat that kind of food until I finshed my weightloss, but I talked myself into eating just a little bit. LOL! It's so easy to talk youself into things you shouldn't do.
THEN.......we had a couples dinner and a movie at my church that same evening. They served spaghetti and garlic bread for the dinner. They put a huge portion on our plate and one small piece of garlic bread. I only ate 1/4 of the spaghetti and 1/2 of the bread. I did really good controlling my portions at both dinners but my weightloss counselor said that I was probably retaining alot of water from all the sodium I had yesterday. Why did this all have to hit hours before weigh in??? Oh well. I am not letting the small weightloss this week get me down. I lost a total of .6 this week which puts me at a grand total weightloss of 5.2 pounds. That's better than gaining 5.2 pounds, which is very easy for me to do.
I have another hurdle tonight. My dad is taking the whole family out for Keith's birthday tonight. I am going to have to stay focused and make the best choices possible.....but anytime you eat out, you are gambling with weightloss because there are so many hidden fats that you don't account for. I am being challenged so much. It's sad that we are challenged so strongly with food. I wish that eating healthy was just a way of life for me and not such a challenge. Maybe one day I will get to that point. Until then........I am still on my journey. I hope to give you better news next Saturday after weigh in!!!!










1 comment:
GO CINDY GO!!!!!
-.6 IS BETTER THAN +.6...
always keep a positive attitude!
Mom
7:41 a.m.
Post a Comment