Thursday, March 26, 2009

Benjamin still feeling bad

Benjamin is still suffering from this stomach virus. He did not vomit yesterday but he did at 8:15 this morning. I started giving him sips of Gatorade at 12:00 noon today and he has managed to keep that down. He is also BEGGING for every single type of food under the sun. Around 3:30 p.m. today I started giving him slow gradual bites of bland foods and he is not happy about it being slow and gradual. He wants a full course meal and he wants it NOW! Poor thing is starving to death. He has cried for a big amount of food since 3:30 p.m. It has been so hard giving my child just a bite of something and then hear him start screaming and crying for more. I just want to give him everything he is asking for (pancakes, jello, yogurt, popsicles, grits, orange juice, etc....) but the repercussion of that would not be pretty. So far, my slow and gradual approach has paid off because he has kept everything down. He got very sleepy a few minutes ago and asked for a nap (imagine that), so I put him in his bed and he fell fast asleep. This will make his 3rd nap for the day. We may be up a little late tonight, but so be it. Thanks for checking in on us and please remember little Benji in your prayers that this bug would leave him.

1 comment:

The Clifton Family said...

I hate that Benjamin is so sickly! Usually a stomach virus doesn't last this long--does it? Keep an eye on him. I would probably make them do something about it if it lasted into the weekend. That seems like too long to go without eating or drinking much at all. I will say a prayer for him! Keep your spirits up--and NO cheeseburgers!