Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Carving!






After much begging, we carved Jacob and Benjamin's pumpkins. Jacob was so excited when we got started and then he smelled the pumpkin guts and said "ewww....that stinks!" I laughed. Needless to say, he didn't help anymore with cleaning the pumpkin out. He started helping again once it was carving time. I let him pop the eyes, nose and mouth out once I carved them. After Jacob's pumpkin was finished, he said "I love it!!!". I didn't even bother to tell him that Mommy didn't do such a good job, I just let him think that it was the greatest in the world. Keith carved Benjamin's pumpkin for him. I think after he saw Jacob's pumpkin and what a terrible job I had done, he wanted to save Benjamin's. I have to admit, Keith did a better job than me, but I won't admit that to him. LOL!!! Regardless, the boys love their jack-o'-lanterns and that makes it all worth it!! They can't wait to light them up tonight! I guess you could say we are starting early. LOL! I hope the pumpkins don't rot before Halloween night.

Oh, by the way, yes Jacob had a wardrobe change during all of this as you will notice in the pictures. Once we finished with his pumpkin he went inside and put on his motorcycle racing outfit. This is not his Halloween outfit this year, it's just one of his many costumes that he likes to play in. He is going to be a Power Ranger this year.....the blue one. You will see that one on my Halloween post. Until then...........Happy Halloween Everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But..

...I was in Walmart yesterday and I thought it was Christmas already.

???