Hello everyone. I am requesting prayers for Benjamin. He woke up Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m. with a stomach virus. It got worse as the day went on. He had vomiting and diarreah non stop all day long. By 10:00 that night, Keith and I felt that he was dehydrated and decided that he needed medical attention. We took him to Children's Hospital ER. It was packed, and it took us forever to get called back. When we first got there, they assessed him and gave him some anti-nausea medication by mouth. He vomited that medicine up within 15 minutes. They finally got him in a room and hooked him up to an IV of fluids and gave him some more anti-nausea medicine by the IV so he couldn't throw it up. Benjamin was so sick when he got his IV that he did not even cry when they put it in his hand. I couldn't believe that. He didn't protest anything they did to him. About halfway through his bag of fluids he started feeling a bit better. One of the ways I could tell that he was feeling better was that he started complaining about the cartoons we had turned on for him to watch on the TV. LOL! You know Benjamin is himself when he is complaining about something. LOL! After everything was all said and done, we finally made it home around 3:45 a.m.
Anyway, he has only drank sips of Gatorade today up until now. He just ate a cracker and a popsicle. I hope it sits well on his stomach. I hate it when my babies are sick. Please keep us in your prayers. We love you all!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Poor baby! We'll be praying. I hope he feels better soon.
Post a Comment